Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
- Information We Collect
We collect two types of information about you: personally identifiable information and non-personal, aggregate information (such as information regarding the pages on our Site that you have visited and your IP address).
(A) Personally Identifiable Information
“Personally Identifiable Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of the ways in which we may collect your personally identifiable information:
- When you register on the Site, you will be required to give some personally identifiable information to generate your account, such as your first and last name and email address.
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on the Site or otherwise contact us with a question, we may collect your name, address and email address in order to respond to that inquiry. For example, if you request to receive our newsletter offered by us, we may request this information in order to send you the issue.
- We may collect your name, email address, and other contact information if you register for an event. For example, we may collect this information if you purchase tickets for an event.
- We may collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, and payment information when you choose to make a donation.
(B) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender or your interests. Non-personally identifiable information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the non-personally identifiable information that is collected via the Site and a description of how this information is used:
- IP Addresses: Every Computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer’s “Internet Protocol” or IP Address. When you request a page from any page within the Sites, our Web servers automatically recognize your domain name and IP Address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed the Sites. Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Sites, track your movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Cookies: A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Sites. For example, when someone visits a page within the Site, a cookie is placed on the user’s machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the Site previously. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users to our Site.
- Use and Disclosure of Personally Identifiable and Non-Personally Identifiable Information
(A) Personally Identifiable Information
We may use, share and/or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
(i) To provide a service or product. For example, if you sign up for our newsletter via the Site, we may have to share your personally identifiable information in order to provide this service to you. We also may use your personally identifiable information to contact you about products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. Finally, we may also use your personally identifiable information to send you newsletters, if requested by you.
(ii) To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Site or provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending communications to our members on our behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions).
(iii) To complete a donation or to provide you with any paid services/products. If you choose to make a donation, we may collect from you your bank information, billing address and other information to fulfill your request depending on the pay method you select. We may also provide such information, or other personally identifiable information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your transaction (for example, to process your credit card).
(v) To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
(vi) To third parties as part of any reorganization process including, but not limited to mergers and/or acquisitions.
(vii) To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from this Site. In the course of such verification, we may receive personally identifiable information about you from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card on the Site, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
(viii) To handle any physical or other type of threat made to you or others, to protect property or to defend or assert legal rights.
(B) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-personally identifiable information is used as described in Section I(B) and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information for tracking and statistical analysis.
III. User Name and Password
Certain parts of the Site will require you to register and create User Name and password in order to enjoy the services offered on the applicable pages of the Site. When you try to access features of the Site that require registration, you will be prompted to input your User Name and password information. If you forget your password or User Name, you must contact us via postal mail or e-mail.
Our postal address is:
1501 Las Vegas Boulevard North
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
We can be reached here.
From time to time, we may communicate with users who subscribe to our services. For example, we may use your email address to respond to a request by you, to send you notice of payments/donations, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered by Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada or if you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information with third parties. If you do not want to receive any communication from us in the future, please let us know by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed.
- Public Areas of the Site
Certain places within the Site, such as the Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada or other forums, blog pages or public areas, may allow users to post comments or communications that are publicly accessible and non-confidential. Any information shared, including personally identifiable information, that you reveal in these public areas is not going to be maintained as private and will be accessible to the public.
VII. Children Under the Age of 13
Neither Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada nor any of its services are designed or intended for children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13.
VIII. Links to Third Party Sites
- Security of Your Information
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk.
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personally identifiable information remains as secure as reasonably possible. For instance, we always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site.