Foster Grandparent Program
Customer Service Hours
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
531 North 30th Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Foster Grandparents provide much needed support and services to children in need throughout the Southern Nevada community. Foster Grandparents play an important role in the young person’s life as a tutors, mentors and assist children that have been identified as at-risk students.
Foster Grandparents dedicate their time and talent to locations throughout Clark County such as:
- Clark County School District
- Boys and Girls Club
- Day Care Centers
- Head Start Centers
Eligibility to Become a Foster Grandparent
- Volunteers must be 55 years of age or older
- Meet income eligibility guidelines
- Complete required background check
- Ability to serve between 15-40 hours a week
- Enjoy working with children
Benefits of Becoming a Foster Grandparent Volunteer
- Paid orientation and training sessions
- Income-eligible Foster Grandparents receive non-taxable/non-reportable income
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Annual physical reimbursement up to $20
- Accident and liability insurance while on duty
- Annual Recognition Events
Foster Grandparents are able to make strong emotional connections with children and get a great deal of satisfaction from making a difference in their lives.
Federal, state and community partners:
Nevada Senior Services
Aging & Disability Services Division
Elder Protective Services Nevada
Are you interested in becoming involved?
Call 702-382-0721 to learn more or fill in the form below and a representative will contact you!