Please consider a Food Drive to help fill the shelves of the Catholic Charities’ Hands of Hope Community Food Pantry for people in need.
Items Needed to Assist our Community
- 5 oz. Canned Tuna
- 5 oz. Canned Chicken or Beef
- Pop-top cans of Vienna Sausages
- 16 oz. Baked Beans
- 12 oz. Peanut Butter
- Unsalted Nuts
- Low sodium Soups of any variety
- 11 oz. Canned fruit in juice or light syrup
- Unsweetened dried fruit
- 15 oz. Canned Vegetables: Corn, Beans, Peas and Carrots
- Low sodium tomato sauces
- Soups and stews
- V-8 Juice
- 1lb bags of Whole wheat noodles
- 32 oz. box of cereals
- Pancake mix
- 1lb bag rice
- Rice cakes
- Graham Crackers
- Granola bars
At Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada, our community forms the backbone of our organization. With the help of the food and hospitality industries, businesses, worship centers, organizations and individuals like you, we are making a difference in lives of children, families, seniors and the homeless.
Thank you for your support!
- Download a Food Drive Flyer
- Set a specific start and finish date for the drive.
- Have a central drop-off location for collections to make it easier for you to keep track of your food drive.
- Set goals to give participants something to work toward and create a benchmark for success. For example, the goal could be to collect your weight for food.
- After you have completed your food drive, call Catholic Charities to arrange for delivery, 702-385-2662.
Food Drive Promotion
- Company newsletters and e-mail memos, notices on break room bulletin boards.
- Community and church bulletins and bulletin boards.
- Posters and flyers in local grocery stores, school folders or paychecks.
- Community calendars on TV or radio stations or in local newspapers.
- Share your plan with Catholic Charities and we can also post the info about your food drive on our web site and or social media platforms.
- Food drives are a great way to educate the community about hunger, nutrition, economics, and volunteerism.
- You can make your food drive more successful if you have a theme or creative way to attract participants.
- Decorate collection boxes according to your theme.
- Encourage competition and offer a free lunch to the winners.
- Hold drawings for a day off with restaurant gift certificates, spa treatments, etc.
Have a Virtual Food Drive
- Have an “empty your pockets” day (or week) and collect all the pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters from everyone in the office.
- Collect “Pennies from Heaven” for Operation Angel Food to purchase snacks for preschool children.
- For a virtual food drive, collecting money in soup cans to purchase soup or in baby bottles to buy baby food and formula.
- Have a “jeans day” and pitch in $5 for the privilege.
- Encourage employees to make a donation in memory or honor of a special person.
- Host a silent auction, used book sale, bake sale, cake walk.
- Have a potluck lunch and charge $3 (or $5) per person.
- Most of all, have fun!!!
Hunger never takes a vacation, it is with us year round — you can make a huge impact anytime by conducting a food drive.
It’s simple and easy. Whether you want to hold a drive in your neighborhood, church, business, office, or school, we’ll help you with the right materials.
For more information on how you can help, please call 702-385-2662.