Resident Empowerment Program
Hours of Operation
Monday – Saturday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
1511 Las Vegas Boulevard North
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
Recognizing that independence is achieved one step at a time, the Resident Empowerment Program (REP) offers a structured environment for homeless men who want to gain self-sufficiency through employment. With minimal eligibility requirements and honest participation, individuals can receive emergency services, professional case management and access to employment opportunities, while maintaining their dignity.
Resident Empowerment Program helps an average of 65 men per month to begin the transition from homelessness to self-sufficiency.
Men in our program are provided immediate basic needs, such as:
- Shelter in a clean and safe environment
- Meals are provided at the St. Vincent Lied Dining Facility.
- Personal hygiene items.
- Clothing provided for day to day, casual work and employment interviews.
Restoring Dignity and Achieving Self-Sufficiency
- Each client receives an intensive assessment by Case Management upon entry
in the program.
- One-on-one personalized Case Management for support and guidance.
- Life Skills Classes are offered in Success Training, Problem Solving, Communication Skills, Work Place Preparedness, Addiction Awareness and an Open Forum.
- Each resident participates in job skill experiences with our programs throughout
- The program provides clients with an address and phone number which enhances employment contact and opportunities.
- Referrals to community resources.
Qualifications to Join the Resident Empowerment Program
- Be a Nevada Resident with State picture Identification Card
- 18 years or older
- U.S. Citizen or valid INS authorization to work
- Social Security Card
- Mentally and physically able to work
Entering the Program
Please show up in person for the Intake process which takes place from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the Client Services Office, Mondays – Friday, except holidays.
If You Would Like to Help
- Suits and Interview attire
- Black slacks and white shirts
- Socks and undergarments
- Men’s shoes, especially non-slip work shoes and boots
- Shower Shoes/flip flops
- Bicycle locks
- Drink flavor packets
Toiletry items such as:
- Razors and Shaving kits
- Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
- Shampoo and Lotion