Resident Empowerment Program
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
1511 Las Vegas Boulevard North
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
Recognizing that independence is achieved one step at a time, the Resident Empowerment Program (REP) offers a structured environment for homeless men who want to gain self-sufficiency through employment. With minimal eligibility requirements and honest participation, individuals can receive emergency services, professional case management and access to life skills classes, job readiness education, while maintaining their dignity.
Men in our program are provided immediate basic needs, such as:
- Shelter in a clean and safe environment
- Meals are provided at the St. Vincent Lied Dining Facility.
- Personal hygiene items.
Restoring Dignity and Achieving Self-Sufficiency
- Each client receives an intensive assessment by Case Management upon entry
in the program.
- One-on-one personalized Case Management for support and guidance.
- Life Skills Classes are offered in Success Training, Problem Solving, Communication Skills, Work Place Preparedness, Addiction Awareness and an Open Forum.
- Each resident participates in job skill experiences with our programs throughout
- Referrals to community resources.
Qualifications to Join the Resident Empowerment Program
- Be a Nevada Resident with State picture Identification Card
- 18 years or older
- U.S. Citizen or valid INS authorization to work
- Social Security Card
- Mentally and physically able to work
Entering the Program
Orientation is held in Client Services Office, Monday – Friday at 3:00 p.m., except holidays.
If You Would Like to Help
- Suits and Interview attire
- Black slacks and white shirts
- Socks and undergarments
- Men’s shoes, especially non-slip work shoes and boots
- Shower Shoes/flip flops
- Bicycle locks
- Drink flavor packets
Toiletry items such as:
- Razors and Shaving kits
- Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
- Shampoo and Lotion
If you would like to provide life changing education for one of our clients to attend classes at the Culinary Academy of Las Vegas, you may make a monetary donation towards tuition here. Please designate the Resident Empowerment Program. Tuition ranges from $435 to $3,284 for the following classes:
Bus Person tuition $672
Guest Room Attendant tuition $679
Utility Porter tuition $679
Bar Apprentice tuition $650
Bar Porter tuition $435
Fountain Worker tuition $790
Food Server tuition $1,082
Steward tuition $749
Baker’s Helper tuition $1,727
Wine Server tuition $1,155
Sommelier tuition $2,750
Professional Cook tuition $3,284