Meals On Wheels
Customer Service Hours
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
531 North 30th Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada has a long-standing commitment to fighting hunger and improving nutrition for low-income and fixed-income clients includes a special focus on homebound seniors.
What We Do:
Catholic Charities has been providing “Meals on Wheels” to older adults in southern Nevada since 1975.
- Catholic Charities is the only agency with a program that delivers meals directly to homebound seniors in Las Vegas and North Las Vegas at no cost to the client.
- The Meals on Wheels Program delivers a set of seven nutritionally balanced, frozen meals to more than 2,100 clients each and every week throughout the year.
- Meal plans are analyzed by our registered dietitian for nutritional value; modified textured meals and nutritional supplements are offered for eligible clients.
- Meals are prepared from scratch under the direction of our executive chef. Then are packaged, sealed, labeled, flash frozen and bagged in preparation for delivery.
- The meals are delivered in refrigerated/freezer trucks by caring, compassionate delivery drivers.
Beyond the meals, delivery drivers also make weekly wellness checks and deliver donated pet food for those who have companions. For some clients, this is the only real outside contact they have with someone. For these seniors, a real bond often develops with our drivers.
Did You Know:
- Nationally, one in six seniors struggles with hunger. Not only does it create an unparalleled anxiety, it also affects every aspect of senior health. The problem is significant, and it is growing. As the baby boom generation continues to cross the 60-year age line, the amount of seniors and accordingly those who struggle with hunger is exponentially increasing.
- Nevada ranks among the top ten states in the country with the highest rates of hunger risk among seniors.
Benefits from Meals On Wheels:
- Helps seniors to eat healthier
- Improves their overall health
- Homebound seniors feel more secure
- Allows seniors to live in their own homes independently
- Receive weekly wellness checks by our delivery drivers
It costs less to provide a senior this service for an entire year than it costs to spend one day in the hospital or six days in a nursing home. Meals On Wheels is funded through grants for 60% of the total meal cost. The remaining cost has to be raised and paid by the agency. We can provide the meal delivery service and case management each day for each senior at $5.12.
We are grateful to our wonderful sponsors of the Meals on Wheels Program:
Department of Health & Human Services – Aging and Disability Services Division
Mayor Carolyn Goodman, City of Las Vegas
City of North Las Vegas
Meals on Wheels America
Thomas Spiegel Family Foundation
If you would like to help, our program is currently in need of microwave ovens
or you can make a monetary donation here.
Basic Eligibility To Receive Meals on Wheels:
- Individuals who are age 60 and older.
- Individuals must be homebound due to illness, physical or cognitive impairment, or geographic isolation.
- Individuals must be a year round resident of Las Vegas, North Las Vegas Nevada.
If you would like to receive meals through our Meals on Wheels Program, please complete the application form below.
Please answer all questions on this referral application to be considered for the Meals On Wheels program.