Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
What is Offered
The WIC Program is a Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants and Children. WIC provides food, nutritional education, and referrals to health and public agencies to pregnant women and families with children up to the age of five. The program is federally funded through the USDA and operated by the Nevada State Health Division to improve the health of eligible Nevada residents who fall in the moderately low income guidelines or who are currently receiving TANF, Medicaid, of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits.
Basic Eligibility For This Service
- Be a Nevada Resident.
- Be a pregnant women, postpartum mother after 6 months or 1 year if breastfeeding, or an infant up to 12 months, or child ages 1 to 5 years of age.
- Moderately low income or receive TANF, Medicaid or Food Stamps.
- Have a nutritional assessment completed at first WIC clinic visit.
Income Eligibility Guidelines for WIC
What Will I Need?
- Proof of income for the last 30 days or notice of eligibility for Medicaid, Food Stamps, or TANF with current dates.
- Food Stamp program activity report or written verification from a case worker.
- Proof of Residence in the state of Nevada.
Please bring your children under the age of five along with one of the following:
- Immunization Records
- Hospital Birth Record
- Birth Certificate or Medicaid Card
- Identification either current Drivers License, Passport, School ID or Medicaid Card
Need help? If you have difficulty understanding English or have a disability, free language assistance or other aids and services are available upon request. Please let WIC staff know or contact your local WIC Clinic.
¿Necesita ayuda? Si tiene dificultades entendiendo el inglés o tiene alguna discapacidad, hay asistencia lingüística gratuita u otras ayudas y servicios disponibles. Por favor de hacer saber a un empleado de WIC o comuníquese con su clínica local de WIC.
How to Obtain this Service
Call or stop by, no appointment needed.
Programs in Adult Education Services
Sign Up for the Meals on Wheels Program
If you would like to receive meals through our Meals on Wheels Program, please complete the application form below.
Please answer all questions on this referral application to be considered for the Meals On Wheels program.