Youth Mentor Program
What is Offered For Mentees
The Youth Mentoring Program helps refugee youth ages 15-24 reach their personal, academic, and career goals.
How It Works
Youth are paired with a mentor to meet with weekly for at least one year. Before starting the program, youth participants will meet with the Youth Mentoring Program Supervisor to discuss how this program can help them accomplish their goals.
Benefits of the Mentoring Program
Participants of the Youth Mentoring Program are able to receive:
- Academic support and college preparation
- Homework help
- Career development
- Training opportunities
- Assistance in applying for financial aid and scholarships
- English language practice
- Assistance with understanding culture immersion
Basic Eligibility For This Service
- Youth Participants must be between the ages of 15 and 24 years old
- Must have arrived in the United States as a refugee within the last 5 years
- For youth age 17 and younger, the youth’s parent(s) are required to meet with the Youth Mentor Program Supervisor
Are You Interested in Becoming a Mentor?
To become a mentor, fill out Application here
applicants must complete background checks and participate in an interview process. The commitment for this pairing is one year.
Refugee youth and mentors also partake in monthly social activities with other program participants.
How to Obtain this Service
Call us at 702-383-8387 , or Email us to get started!
Monday – Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Programs in Adult Education Services
Sign Up for the Meals on Wheels Program
If you would like to receive meals through our Meals on Wheels Program, please complete the application form below.
Please answer all questions on this referral application to be considered for the Meals On Wheels program.