Migration and Refugee Services
Hours of Operation
Monday – Saturday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
1511 Las Vegas Blvd North
Las Vegas, NV 89101
On average, we welcome more than 3,000 refugees per year into Las Vegas. Migration and Refugee Services (MRS) helps refugees from all over the world rebuild their lives after they have been forced to leave their families, homes, and countries behind because of racial, religious, or political persecution, often fleeing for their life. Our goal is to help refugees become self-sufficient and lead independent lives as quickly as possible.
Did you know?
- 70% of our refugees come from Cuba
- The top five nationalities that we currently welcome come from: Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iran, Eritrea and Iraq.
- According to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) at the end of 2014, 59.5 million people worldwide have been forced to leave their homes.
- 1 in 122 people forced to leave their homes due to violence and persecution, are waiting in a refugee camp, hoping for a future of security and stability. More than half of these refugees are children.
- Average wage for a refugee’s first job is the U.S. is $10.38
We serve refugees and other refugee-eligible populations such as: Asylees, Cuban Entrants, certified Victims of Trafficking, and Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders from Iraq and Afghanistan. We provide ongoing assistance to refugees for their first 5 years in starting their new life in America.
MRS provides services such as:
- Food, shelter and clothing
- Health services
- Cultural orientation
- Case management
- Employment services
You Can Help Refugees Start Their New Life!
How you can help:
Create a welcome basket with one of the following items:
- Donate used or new Household Goods (such as pots, pans, dishes, Mixing/Serving bowls, cooking utensils, brooms, flatware, etc.)
- Other household items (alarm clocks and light bulbs)
- Donate Hygiene Products (such as toilet paper, shampoo/conditioner, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste)
- Donate Cleaning Supplies (such as dish soap, bathroom/kitchen cleaner, sponges, rags, paper towels, laundry detergent, waste basket and garbage bags)
- Donate used or new Linens (Towels, sheets/blankets for full size beds, pillow and pillow case)
- Baby items (diapers, wipes, baby clothing and bottles)
- Toys (small toys, sport toys, books and coloring books)
- School Supplies
Other Ways You Can Help:
- Sponsor a family – a monetary donation of $469 will provide brand new furniture for a single refugee or $560 will supply a one bedroom apartment for a refugee couple.
Designate a donation here.
- Mentor newly resettled refugees by volunteering your time at Cultural Orientation classes for the Migration & Refugee Services program.
- Volunteer time to tutor English at our English Language Program.
- Volunteer for special events.
If you would like to find out how you can give help, please call 702-383-8387.