In honor of Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada’s 79th anniversary, we celebrate #FeedVegas in April! Throughout the month we celebrate all the ways we work each day to fight hunger in Southern Nevada through our Food Services programs:
Facts about Food Services at Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada:
- 750 meals served in the St. Vincent Lied Dining Facility each day
- 2,200 homebound seniors receiving Meals on Wheels
- 5,000 individuals receive food in the Hands of Hope Community Food Pantry each month
- 2 Million meals served in 2019
#FeedVegas this year by volunteering, sharing, and donating!
Volunteers are needed every day of the year to provide meals and food to men, women, and children in need. Make a difference by serving in the:
- Community Meal
- Hands of Hope Community Food Pantry
- Meals on Wheels Preparation and Assembly
Submit a Volunteer Application to get started!
- Spread the word by re-posting and sharing our #FeedVegas posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Use #FeedVegas to join the conversation!
- Tell a friend, family member, or colleague to attend a Transforming Lives Tour to see the impact of Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada first hand!
- Food – The Hands of Hope Community Food Pantry is always in need of food donations. Visit our “Host a Food Drive” page for more information about making a donation of food. The top 5 needed food items include:
- Canned Protein (including Spam, Chicken, Tuna and Salmon)
- Canned Vegetables
- Peanut Butter
- $7.00 – 1 Meals on Wheels meal along with delivery fees, case management, and wellness checks
- $21.00 – 1 week of meals in the Community Meal for an individual experiencing homelessness
- $50.00 – 1 month of food through the Hands of Hope Community Food Pantry for a family in need