As of March 26th, out of an abundance of caution, Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada has decided to suspend all volunteer operations on campus until further notice.
As always, the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, and clients is at the forefront of our decision-making process.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Volunteer Center Login
Access the Volunteer Center to view past service hours or update your information.
- Age Limit – Volunteers must be 12 or older to serve in the Community Meal and Food Pantry and 16 or older to serve in Meals on Wheels Preparation and Assembly and the English Language Program
- Mandatory Dress Code – Long pants (no leggings, shorts, or skirts), shirt with sleeves (such as a t-shirt), and closed-two shoes
- Parking – Parking is limited and carpooling is highly recommended
- Storage – Please bring only what you can carry in your pockets; there is no storage for personal items
- Court Ordered Community Service – Court Ordered Community Service cannot be completed at Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
For more information on Volunteer Guidelines, click here.
Minor Volunteer Policy
We have an open campus with people from all walks of life: the safety of our volunteers, especially youth, is of the utmost importance to us.
- Minors must be at least age 12 to volunteer.
- After submitting an individual volunteer application, all minors, ages 12-17, must email a Minor Release Form completed by their parent/guardian to the Volunteer Team at email@example.com.
- Applications for minor volunteers will be processed upon the receipt of Minor Release Form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All service must be scheduled in advance through the online system.
Minor Supervision Policy
- Minors age 12-15 MUST be accompanied by a supervising adult at all times while volunteering; this adult must also complete an Individual Volunteer Application and be scheduled in advance through the online system.
- Minors age 16-17 may volunteer on their own if they have a vehicle that remains on campus for the duration of their service. If minors are unable to supply their own vehicle, they must serve with a supervising adult.
3 Ways to Volunteer at Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
1501 Las Vegas Blvd. North
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Catholic Charities Main Campus Map
The Community Meal provides nutritious food to hundreds of men, women, and children every day of the year. Help us prepare hot meals for those most in need in the Las Vegas community.
*Must be 16 years old or older to serve in the Community Meal
*Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your shift
2. Meals on Wheels Preparation and Assembly – Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada’s Meals on Wheels program provides meals to over 2,100 homebound seniors in Las Vegas and North Las Vegas. Help us provide this vital service by volunteering in Meals on Wheels Preparation and Assembly. Volunteers are responsible for preparing and assembling meals in a the kitchen of the St. Vincent Lied Dining Facility.
*Must 16 or older to volunteer in Meals on Wheels Preparation and Assembly
3. Hands of Hope Community Food Pantry – Monday – Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m
(2 hours shifts)
Over 5,000 families and individuals in need receive free supplemental groceries each month from the Hands of Hope Community Food Pantry. Help serve the Las Vegas community by assisting in the Food Pantry.
*Must be 12 years old or older to serve in the Food Pantry, minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Contact the Volunteer Team by emailing email@example.com or calling 702-405-0597. The Volunteer Office is open 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.