Migration and Refugee Services
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
1511 Las Vegas Blvd North
Las Vegas, NV 89101
More than 675 refugees were welcomed into Nevada in 2018. Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada is recognized on the federal level as the State Refugee Office in Nevada. In addition to this, our agency is one of three local agencies to carry out resettlement services in the state of Nevada: Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada, ECDC African Community Center and Northern Nevada International Center.
Catholic Charities’ Migration and Refugee Services (MRS) helps refugees from all over the world rebuild their lives after they have been forced to leave their families, homes, and countries behind because of racial, religious, or political persecution, often fleeing for their life. Our goal is to help refugees become self-sufficient and lead independent lives as quickly as possible.
Did you know?
- 70% of our refugees come from Cuba
- The top five nationalities that we currently welcome come from: Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iran, Eritrea and Iraq.
- According to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), there are more than 25 million refugees worldwide.
- More than half of these refugees are children.
- Average wage for a refugee’s first job is the U.S. is $10.38
We serve refugees and other refugee-eligible populations such as: Asylees, Cuban Entrants, certified Victims of Trafficking, and Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders from Iraq and Afghanistan. We provide ongoing assistance to refugees for their first 5 years in starting their new life in America, eventually helping them become American citizens.
MRS provides services such as:
- Food, shelter and clothing
- Health services
- Cultural orientation
- Case management
- Employment services
You Can Help Refugees Start Their New Life!
How you can help:
Create a welcome basket with one of the following items:
- Donate used or new Household Goods (such as pots, pans, dishes, Mixing/Serving bowls, cooking utensils, brooms, flatware, etc.)
- Other household items (alarm clocks and light bulbs)
- Donate Hygiene Products (such as toilet paper, shampoo/conditioner, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste)
- Donate Cleaning Supplies (such as dish soap, bathroom/kitchen cleaner, sponges, rags, paper towels, laundry detergent, waste basket and garbage bags)
- Donate used or new Linens (Towels, sheets/blankets for full size beds, pillow and pillow case)
- Baby items (diapers, wipes, baby clothing and bottles)
- Toys (small toys, sport toys, books and coloring books)
- School Supplies
If you donate at our front gate be sure to let the security officer that this donation is for Migration & Refugee Services (MRS)
Other Ways You Can Help:
- Sponsor a family – a monetary donation of:
- $30 can help provide one month’s worth of cleaning supplies or hygiene products for a family of four.
- $50 can help pay for one week’s worth of food for a family of four.
- $469 will provide brand new furniture for a single refugee.
- $560 will supply a one bedroom apartment for a refugee couple.
Designate a donation here.
- Volunteer time to tutor English at our English Language Program.
- Volunteer your time as an interpreter. Needed languages include: