Migration and Refugee Services
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
1511 Las Vegas Blvd North
Las Vegas, NV 89101
During the fiscal year of 2020, 680 refugees were welcomed into Nevada. Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada is recognized on the federal level as the State Refugee Office in Nevada. In addition to this, our agency is one of three local agencies to carry out resettlement services in the state of Nevada: Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada, ECDC African Community Center and Northern Nevada International Center.
Catholic Charities’ Migration and Refugee Services (MRS) helps refugees from all over the world rebuild their lives after they have been forced to leave their families, homes, and countries behind because of racial, religious, or political persecution, often fleeing for their life. Our goal is to help refugees become self-sufficient and lead independent lives as quickly as possible.
We serve refugees and other refugee-eligible populations such as: Asylees, Cuban Entrants, certified Victims of Trafficking, and Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders from Iraq and Afghanistan. We provide ongoing assistance to refugees for their first 5 years in starting their new life in America, eventually helping them become American citizens.
MRS provides services such as:
- Food, shelter and clothing
- Health services
- Cultural orientation
- Case management
- Employment services
- Citizenship classes
Did you know?
- 70% of our refugees come from Cuba
- The top five nationalities that we currently welcome come from: Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iran, Eritrea and Iraq.
- According to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), there are more than 26 million refugees worldwide.
- More than half of these refugees are children.
- Average wage for a refugee’s first job is the U.S. is $10.38
You Can Help Refugees Start Their New Life!
- Sponsor a family – a monetary donation of:
- $30 can help provide one month’s worth of cleaning supplies or hygiene products for a family of four.
- $50 can help pay for one week’s worth of food for a family of four.
- $469 will provide brand new furniture for a single refugee.
- $560 will supply a one bedroom apartment for a refugee couple.
Designate a donation here.