Youth Mentoring Program
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
1511 Las Vegas Blvd North
Las Vegas, NV 89101
The Youth Mentoring Program helps refugee youth ages 15-24 reach their personal, academic, and career goals. Youth are paired with a mentor to meet with weekly for at least one year. Before becoming a mentor, applicants must complete background checks and participate in an interview process. Refugee youth and mentors also partake in monthly social activities with other program participants. Before starting the program, youth participants will meet with the Youth Mentoring Program Supervisor to discuss how this program can help them accomplish their goals.
In the interest of safety, youth and their mentors currently meet virtually.
Benefits of the Mentoring Program
Participants of the Youth Mentoring Program are able to receive:
- Academic support and college preparation
- Homework help
- Career development
- Training opportunities
- Assistance in applying for financial aid and scholarships
- English language practice
- Assistance with understanding culture immersion
Qualifications to Join the Youth Mentoring Program
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 24
- Must have arrived in the United States as a refugee within the last 5 years
- For youth age 17 and younger, the youth’s parent(s) are required to meet with the Youth Mentor Program Supervisor
Contact Us to Get Started
Call us at 702-780-3966 or email us to get started!
Interested in Becoming a Mentor?
Visit our Volunteer page for more info!